LOGIN - Entrar
¿Recordar?
Registrar ahora

Problems running the game [update: SOLVED]

English / Inglés

Problems running the game [update: SOLVED]

Notapor shnbwmn » Sab Jun 20, 2015 10:11 am

Hi guys

I've played this game since last year on my Win 7 x64 machine. The install went smoothly, update did it's thing and the game ran everytime I opened it no problems.

Recently though I had to reinstall windows and I decided that I would only use portable apps on a Seagate 3Tb harddrive. The only software installed on the computer are things like drivers, prerequisites like DirectX/Flash and any software that I absolutely must install (Maya, CS6).

So back to the problem: I downloaded the game launcher, unzipped it to the Seagate and let it update. When I try to run the game (either stable or development version), I get various errors relating to Unicode, SDL.dll missing and sometimes one in what looks like Portugese about a gif. I managed to get the SDL one to disappear by downloading the update zip, in which the SDL dlls were, thankfully. But I still can't get the game to run.

I probably should also mention that I have taken a look at the FAQ/Issues page but none of those things seem to be the problem. This is the only section of the forum that I can understand (English) so apologies if there's already a solution in another forum section. It would be nice though if someone could translate the solution.

Any help greatly appreciated :)
shnbwmn
0 a 36 Km/h
0 a 36 Km/h

Western Cape

Re: Problems running the game [update: SOLVED]

Notapor shnbwmn » Sab Jun 20, 2015 10:38 am

Managed to fix the problem by downloading the full game zip and patching it with the update zip :) I have yet to run the launcher in order to get more tracks/cars/bots,etc but hopefully that won't mess anything up again.

I'm leaving this here in case someone else has the same problem. Summary: if you have problems with the mro launcher game files, download the full game + update zip instead.
shnbwmn
0 a 36 Km/h
0 a 36 Km/h

Western Cape

Volver a English