16 May 2024 20:35
LOGIN - Entrar
¿Recordar?
Registrar ahora

Extremely bad performance.

English / Inglés

Extremely bad performance.

Notapor ardonquen » Mar Dic 10, 2013 4:34 am

Hello. Saw the Steam Greenlight thing for this game and was interested, since it reminded me of the game 'New Star GP'. However, upon downloading and playing, I have encountered extremely poor performance in the offline mode, both with and without bots, although moreso with bots.

On the only track available, India, I get maybe half a lap in practice before stuttering and a faltering framerate, which eventually becomes so bad as to become unplayable. For a race with 23 opponents, the game becomes unplayable at the first corner. Spinning off of the track and kicking up dirt seems to particularly impact performance.

I have no idea why this is happening. I have an AMD FX-6100, GeForce GTX560Ti and 8GB of RAM... a system that should be more than capable of running a program such as this.

What's going wrong? I wasn't anticipating encountering such problems with my machine and was really looking forward to playing what seems to be a very interesting title.
ardonquen
0 a 36 Km/h
0 a 36 Km/h

Re: Extremely bad performance.

Notapor Stefanus » Mar Dic 10, 2013 5:24 pm

True. You could try alter the graphic options. Disable '32 bits color' and 'see car slides on the surface'. I don't know but maybe altering stuff in the Performance section in Options may help you improve performance. There may be stuttering even with the options turned off (as I mentioned), but if there are less cars in your view (meaning that the field has spread) there shouldn't be so much stuttering anymore. It's a shame though, because one wouldn't expect this kind of bad performance of a game that doesn't look that demanding.
Imagen
Stefanus
0 a 36 Km/h
0 a 36 Km/h

Notapor ardonquen » Mié Dic 11, 2013 2:07 am

Hey there!

I tried what you suggested and turned off the car slides, and there was a dramatic increase in performance. Additionally, I turned off the CPU weather effects thing; this also caused significant slow down.

Now that everything's running well, this game is really awesome!
ardonquen
0 a 36 Km/h
0 a 36 Km/h

Notapor Stefanus » Mié Dic 11, 2013 6:18 am

Glad to be of help :) Enjoy the game!
Imagen
Stefanus
0 a 36 Km/h
0 a 36 Km/h

Volver a English